1. What are some of your qualities which have transformed the company?
My vast experience working within Sybase and Sun Microsystems provided an opportunity to fine tune my skills and I was able to bring forth to CEdgethis unique passion for service delivery excellence and instilling a sense of purpose throughout the organization to provide optimum synergy. My energy and perseverance have set a standard for all organizational members that has resulted in customers’ acknowledging the CEdge’s
2. Why was CEdgeborn? What is the market pain points you wanted to address through the inception of the company?
My entrepreneurial spirit was the impetus behind the creation of CEdge and my immense desire to have an organization that was centrally focused on building a platform for employees to grow and benefit from their participation, while providing a conduit for customers to have a capability that will allow them to achieve their chosen vision for their own organizations. My rationale for wanting to create CEdge was also based upon what I saw as challenges for customer organizations. Pain points such as things like; providers not focused on the customer’s specific mission challenges, the cost constraints that many customers have especially within the Government domain, and having a workforce that is not dedicated to a customer’s needs, wants or desires. Additionally, I made it a point to recognize that an organization should have a commitment in helping the communities in which they operate.
3. You are an innovative IT consulting firm and a strategic business partner, offering IT solutions to federal and state governmentcombiningyour knowledge, experience and professionalism. Kindly discuss.
While we continue to deliver optimum services for many small, medium and large Government entities; we also utilize our immense commercial experience to expedite how we fulfill any/all Government requirements. This also greatly enhances our ability to inject emerging technologies that we have Commercial experience with into Governmental systems.
5. CEdge understands that security is the most important element whether one is looking solutions for federal or state government, city, or are looking at an integrated business solution for an enterprise.Could you discuss your Information Security strategies to protect businesses?
Security certainly is a very important factor. We want to follow the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)standards and follow the best practices from physical security to application level security to ensure that risk is managed very well. We have worked in integration labs and use all the best practices to ensure every clients data is protected.
6. CEdge is focused on building solutions that are based on open source technologies offering a significant ROI to its clients. Could you discuss your large suite of custom-designed, Real-time Managed Security Services?
We have developed our own tools and put best practices in place. We have supported some of our key customers application integration through risk management framework and NIST practices to be more proactive than reactive.
7. How do you and your team of experts make sure that in a market full of similar competition, CEdge offers something different?
Our focus is on providing the right expertise at the right time by concentrating on what the customer’s specific challenges and mission dictates are before making suggestions on moving forward. Many competitors just second guess what those challenges and mission dictates are and move forward which leads to many false starts and wasted energy and resources. We utilize everything from specific individuals to subcontracting with leading suppliers to ensure we meet the customer’s requirements. Additionally, since CEdge is a small business our flexibility and price point are major discriminators which sets us apart from the typical supplier.
8. Where do you see CEdgein the near future?
In the next three to five years we are optimistic that we will be able to take CEdge public. This will be facilitated by our exceptional advisory board, which includes regional leaders as well as industry icon Scott McNealy. As far as market expansion efforts we have setup an operation in India and are continuing to expand within the Government and Commercial sectors.